[OS X TeX] path names with umlauts

Peter Weidenmueller peter.weidenmueller at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 12:40:25 CET 2012

hello,

german umlaut should NEVER be used in information technology.
a system patch could make it very hard to access the files / folders.
you should use ue instead of ü, ae instead of ä, etc
additional special chars should be avoided, too (space, komma)
it is better to use '_'.
ascii-char is THE standard, at information-technology.

best regards

peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------