[OS X TeX] keeping TeXShop preferences for MacTeX 2012

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 19 22:58:10 CEST 2012

On Jun 19, 2012, at 3:42 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> If I'm already running TeXShop 3.11 with TeXLive 2011, is there anything special to do to preserve preferences, etc., when I install MacTeX 2012?

Howdy,

Nope. Just install MacTeX-2012 when it comes out. Note: you will NOT lose TL2011 when you install TL2012 (via the MacTeX installer)! You can use the TeX Distribution Preference Pane in System Preferences to change between them. Once you're convinced that TL2012 you can fairly easily remove your TL2011 distribution.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)