[OS X TeX] ntheorem and the equation environment

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Sat Jun 16 13:05:23 CEST 2012

On Jun 15, 2012, at 11:02 PM, Don Green Dragon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For some months now, I've been using the ntheorem package in my basic template.

[...]

> Everything has been working well until I recently noticed that source code of the form
>
> \begin{equation} . . .  \end{equation}
>
> does not work. Even something as simple as

The following worked for me:

\documentclass [11pt, fleqn, leqno] {book}
\usepackage[amsthm, thmmarks, framed, thref]{ntheorem}
\usepackage{framed}

\theoremstyle{marginbreak} \theoremheaderfont{\normalfont\bfseries}\theorembodyfont{\slshape} \theoremsymbol{\ensuremath{\diamondsuit}}
\theoremseparator{:}
\newtheorem{Theorem}{Theorem}

\begin{document}
Everything has been working well until I recently noticed that source code of the form

\begin{Theorem}
My theorem proves that
\begin{equation}
	a  + b + c = d