[OS X TeX] getting MacOSX-Tex

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Jun 14 23:57:54 CEST 2012

On 06/14/2012 04:42 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Frederick,
>
> If you installed everything (rather than doing a custom install),
> go to /Applications/TeX. There you'll find a READ ME telling you how
> to get started with TeX, a couple of GUI interfaces to TeX, and a
> What's Installed document telling you exactly what was installed
> and where.
>
> TeX itself is in /usr/local/texlive/2011. The link /usr/texbin points to
> the TeX binaries.

(For Herb, Richard et al. helping Frederick: he was using OzTeX.)

Fred,

As a front-end to (La)TeX I guess you were using Alpha ---TeXShop (in
/Applications/TeX, as Richard said) is, in my opinion, a much more
user-friendly front-end. If memory serves, there is a movie in the Help
menu that in a minute or so tells you how to use it.

But, of course, the documents Richard mentions are your main source of
information.

Best

Axel