[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.10: Help menu links

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 4 21:51:37 CEST 2012

On Jun 4, 2012, at 2:33 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> In TeXShop 3.10, if I select menu item Help > TeXShop Tips and Tricks, version 0.5.4 of that document opens. But I do have version 0.5.5 of that document, in ~/Library/Documents/Tips&Tricks/TeXShop Tips & Tricks.
>
> I'm not sure whether that folder was something I created or TeXShop created automatically.
>
> In any case, is there some other location to which the menu item points?
>
> --
> Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> 80 Fearing Street                    phone 413 549-1020 (H)
> Amherst, MA 01002-1912

Howdy,

Right now ~/Library/TeXShop/Documents/... is simply installed by TeXShop. The `TeXShop Tips & Tricks' document you get from the Help menu is actually internal to TeXShop so they are presently independent. I believe that the Help menu will eventually give you direct access to that Documents folder.

PS: I believe you were referring to ~/Library/TeXShop/Documents/Tips&Tricks in your message; i.e., you left out the .../TeXShop/... .

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)