[OS X TeX] texshop icon

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 2 21:53:17 CEST 2012

On Jun 2, 2012, at 2:43 PM, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:

> Interestingly, this did not do it. I rebuilt the launch services database using Onyx and restarted, but still the same. Interestingly, TexShop is the only application that I am having problems with (TexShop 3.10).
>
> ==Tamer

Howdy,

I've had the same problem. Onyx has usually worked fine but the last time (when I updated to TeXShop 3.10) it didn't seem to work. Sometimes using Onyx again works. This last time I did a Safe Boot (Hold the Shift Key down while booting until you see a progress bar --- when the ligin screen eventually shows up it will say Safe Boot in red at the top). This rebuilds many caches and databases so give them some time to update. The login and wait again. Finally reboot normally. When you login open TeXShop directly, create a new document and save it e.g., to the Desktop. Does it have the correct icon? Go to the folder with your .tex files. Are they ok? Double Click one of those files to open it and you should get a message about opening TeXshop for the first time; say yes. Hopefully this works for you.

Someone else had a case where .tex files in one folder showed generic icons while thos in another folder were fine. Dragging a file from the `good' folder to the `bad' folder fixed up the `bad' folder.

I only wish I knew what was happening!

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)