[OS X TeX] Multiple tex file search

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Jun 1 13:27:47 CEST 2012

On Jun 1, 2012, at 5:26 AM, Tomas Jonsson wrote:

> My favourite tex editor used to be AlphaX, but since I started to use Biber/Biblatex I write utf-8 encoded texts and AlphaX doesn't support that yet. Anyway, AlphaX has a very useful feature of multiple file search that's very convenient, if you use a root tex file with a subset of included tex files. In AlphaX it's possible to define a "Fileset" that takes care of which files that are included in the root file. That way it's possible to search all the included files as one and AlphaX opens the actual file when doing a search and find. You can also do a multiple file search and replace.
>
> Is it possible to recreate this feature in TeXShop?

I've been wanting multi-file search-replace in TeXshop for a long while.

I'd envision having a couple of options:

 - all open files
 - all files which are \included in a particular root document

and more which I'm too brain-dead to think of before my first cup of coffee.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer