[OS X TeX] Upgrading to Mountain Lion

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:51:35 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We have discovered a minor problem if you install MacTeX and then upgrade
> to Mountain Lion. This problem will not occur if you install directly on Mountain
> Lion.

> Xquartz. That is because Apple now wants you to obtain Xquartz directly
> from the developers, so the Mountain Lion upgrade removes X11.

Apart of the lack of X11 in ML there were series of small problems with ML.

1) Command line developer tools like make or svn disappeared
Solution: Launch Xcode and install them

2) My copy of asy (self-compiled) stopped working (the one which came
with MacTeX worked).
Solution: upgrade garbage collector to 7.2 and recompile

3) My copy of convert (and other Image Magick tools) stopped working
Solution: recompile

Victor