[OS X TeX] locating copies

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Jul 24 16:41:47 CEST 2012

If I am viewing a source file in TeXShop and want to make a copy (e.g., to save one version while I try some temporary modifications), I can no longer "Save As.." but need to use "Duplicate", which takes file.tex and creates file copy.
1. Where is file copy located?  (It does not appear to be in the same folder as file.tex)
2. Not a TEX question, but a relevant Mac question:  is there an easy way to locate a file which I have open (i.e., find out where it lives)?  Trying to coax that information out of the search command (the magnifying glass) in OS 10.7 is difficult at best, and impossible most of the time.  Used to be you could "Get Information" in "File", but no more...

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155