[OS X TeX] Minion Pro questions

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 7 06:09:14 CEST 2012

(1) - The MinionPro package automatically defines a fraktur font, and there is no option to turn this on or off. So, if I load the mathalpha package after MinionPro and attempt to select a fraktur font with it, I get the error message "Command `\mathfrak' already defined." It would be nice to use the scaling capacity of mathalpha.

However, according to the MinionPro style file, it appears (read: I think) that MinionPro does not define a fraktur font if one is already defined. The problem is that if I move the mathalpha package before the MinionPro package, I get the error message

Use of \reserved at a doesn't match its definition.
\reserved at b ->\relax
                     \ifmmode \else \non at alpherr \mathbb  \fi \use at mathgroup…

whether or not I tell mathalpha to select a fraktur font. Is there any way around this?

(2) - Does it make any difference at all in which order I load the microtype and MinionPro packages?

Richard Séguin