[OS X TeX] Malayalam and other Indian languages on Mac

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 3 17:28:20 CEST 2012

On Jul 3, 2012, at 10:21 AM, NMPOST7 wrote:

> On 02/07/2012 21:49, David Watson wrote:
>> FYI, you can directly upgrade to Lion via an unsupported pathway.
>>
>> http://www.macworld.com/article/1161087/install_lion_over_leopard.html
>>
>> I recommend the quick-but-techie way.
>
> as mentioned I alread had the snow leopard disk. so did the update.
> but now when trying to compile (La) Tex files, the message comes
> "latex command not found"
>
> Never had this problem earlier! either with Tiger, or with Leopard.
>
> Cheers
> suren

Howdy,

Assuming you have MacTeX-2011 installed...

Installing a new major OS version (not minor version updates) often messes up paths and the symbolic link /usr/texbin. I suggest going to <http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/prefpane.html> and downloading and running FixMacTeX2011.pkg. That should fix up those links, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)