[OS X TeX] chapterbib

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 30 02:30:43 CET 2012

On Jan 29, 2012, at 1:39 PM, George Gratzer wrote:

> On 2012-01-29, at 10:48 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> On Jan 29, 2012, at 9:09 AM, George Gratzer wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to use chapterbib.sty for a chapter in a book,
>>> to conclude the chapter with a bibliography which does
>>> not start on an odd numbered page (right side page).
>>>
>>> Attached a minimal example.
>>>
>>> main.tex only has
>>>
>>> \input{Chapter}
>>>
>>> and Chapter.tex has two lines of text and a bibliography of two items.
>>>
>>> main.pdf has three pages, the lines on p. 1, a blank page,
>>> and the bibliography on p. 3.
>>>
>>> I do not want thee blank page 2. How do I do this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> GG
>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> By default the bibliography is set as an un-numbered chapter to have it set as an un-numbered section use the chapterbib package with the [sectionbib] option. This will make the bibliography appear directly following the last section. To put the bibliography on the following page put a \newpage just before the bibliography.
>>
>> <main.tex><Chapter.tex>
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>>

> Does not seem to work for me. I added the [sectionbib] option to main.tex
> (attached) and I still have the bibliography as a chapter (attached).
>
> GG

Howdy,

Funny, at first it didn't seem to work for me with your files. I then made sure I cleaned everything up and now it works fine.

I put a \listfiles at the top of main and include the log file just to make sure we're both working with the same file versions. I also include the two source files (I added the % !TEX lines for both) and the final pdf file output (I have no \newpage so it follows as a section).