[OS X TeX] Re: eBooks with LaTex and ... ?

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 22:38:15 CET 2012

In article <CFAEA6F4-5021-4CCF-B9C6-14E399B19F42 at uchicago.edu>,
 David Derbes <loki at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> The early indications with respect to Apple's Author are not good. There
> seems to be no LaTeX support at all.

Isn't it ironic that iBooks Author comes with a template called Elementary
Algebra (with no math in it)? :)
For the sake of completeness, however, it should be mentioned that iBooks Author
integrates with MathType:

http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype_mac/popup_ibooks_author.htm

>From the same web site:

“Within iBooks Author, an Insert MathType Equation command appears on the Insert
menu if MathType is installed. Choosing this command inserts an equation into
the document at the insertion point. This is similar to how MathType works with
Apple's iWork '09 office suite. In order to make the math accessible to users
with vision impairments, users can associate text to be spoken for each equation
using Apple's VoiceOver screen reader software.”

I have never used it and I have no idea how well it works.

Nicola