[OS X TeX] eBooks with LaTex and ... ?

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sat Jan 28 21:06:12 CET 2012

Hi,

From the books I have converted in the past, it handles graphics reasonably well and is able to reproduce layouts. However there are many variables associated with the various math, etc. packages and one would need to test them to ensure the right results are achieved. Some tables seem to hold up better than others. Not sure what is going on there. Floats will be positioned where they are when the PDF is produced since once that process is complete, the float doesn't anymore. Hyperref links are fine.

Having written that, the OP could always just produce PDF only. Pretty much all the eBook readers I have seen (those that are of note anyway) are able to read and display PDF files. If a version is to be produced for the smaller eBook screens, I would make the page size smaller to suit using geometry or something similar.

Alan