[OS X TeX] automatic superscript braces in TeXShop editor

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Sat Jan 28 18:15:11 CET 2012

I have for a long time had a setting in my TeXShop editor that automatically enclosed the contents of a superscript in braces (i.e., typing ^ yielded ^{}).  I have no memory how I accomplished this, but it must have been by checking a box, since I am not even remotely an Applescript guy.  Very recently, this feature disappeared (it may have been when I installed TS 3.06), and I looked through various manuals to see how
to restore it, but have not found it.  Does anyone have a suggestion how to do it?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155