[OS X TeX] svn save trouble in TeXShop

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Wed Jan 25 09:17:06 CET 2012

On 25 Jan 2012, at 00:53, Christopher Menzel wrote:

> Am Jan 25, 2012 um 12:29 AM schrieb Enrico Franconi:
>> I moved to LaTexian almost a year ago, and I find it very nice with an elegant and natural GUI. The coolest features are the live preview (with natural back-and-forth navigator), the outliner, the autocompletion, flexible handling of projects, and how errors are handled directly on the source.
>
> Those are very cool features for sure, but it appears there's no source <-> preview searching; did I miss it?  For me personally, that's a dealbreaker, as is the inability to open multiple panes/windows on the same document so you can edit/browse several locations in your document more or less simultaneously.

What is "source <-> preview searching"? You can batch search/find within the multiple files of a project, and switch with a single keystroke from source to live preview and viceversa.
Indeed there is no split editing possibility, but there is a powerful sidebar searchable navigator (via content and/or labels and/or references) which reduces drastically the need for split editing: I could add with a single macro keystroke a label and it will appear in the label navigator immediately.
cheers
--e.