[OS X TeX] svn save trouble in TeXShop

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Wed Jan 25 00:29:27 CET 2012

On 24 Jan 2012, at 22:16, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:

> OK Enrico, now that you said it was "much better than TeXShop" you should tell us why...

Tamer,
I moved to LaTexian almost a year ago, and I find it very nice with an elegant and natural GUI. The coolest features are the live preview (with natural back-and-forth navigator), the outliner, the autocompletion, flexible handling of projects, and how errors are handled directly on the source. I am a die hard emacs fan, but I moved to Latexian as far as LaTeX files are concerned [1]; I never liked TeXShop. There are a couple of rough edges, but I am in contact with the developer who's very responsive.
cheers
--e.

[1] to be fair, I'm abandoning completely emacs (recently Aquamacs) after 25+ year of excellent service; I finally moved just few weeks ago for all the non-LaTeX text stuff to Textmate...
It is my first outing about this :-)