[OS X TeX] Xelatex font map warning that puzzles me

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 17 18:34:20 CET 2012

On Jan 16, 2012, at 4:58 PM, Nathan Paxton wrote:

> 	Hi all,
>
> 	I'm typesetting a rather simple document in Minion Pro with XeLaTeX, and it compiles nicely. But at the end, I get the following warnings:
>
> ** WARNING ** Invalid char in fontmap line: 4
> ** WARNING ** Invalid map record in fontmap line 4219 from pdftex.map.
> ** WARNING ** -- Ignore the current input buffer: ec-hoefler-raw-HoeflerText HoeflerText-Regular 4 <HoeflerText.ttf ec-hoefler.enc
>  )
>
> 	Hoefler Text is not involved in the doc at all, as far as I know. Is there anything here to worry about or to correct?

That's from the gtamacfonts project, and should not have been enabled, but included as needed in pdftex documents with the line in your preamble:

\pdfmapfile{+gtamacfonts.map}

To fix this, assuming you enabled with updmap-sys

sudo updmap-sys --disable gtamacfonts.map

otherwise

updmap --disable gtamacfonts.map

Michael