[OS X TeX] "Save as"

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 16 23:42:15 CET 2012

On Jan 16, 2012, at 3:47 PM, Luis Sequeira wrote:

>> Howdy,
>>
>> In any Save dialog you can use Shift-Cmd-G and you'll get a sheet that allows you to enter any folder you want. Simply enter ~/Library/TeXShop/Templates/ and Return and you'll go to that folder.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>

> True, but there is a simpler way to have permanent access to ~/Library: placing it in the Finder sidebar.
> I used the mentioned go menu with the option key down to open the Library folder, and then dragged the proxy icon in the title window to the sidebar. This way it is always available, not just in the Finder but in open/save dialogs as well.
>
> Luis Sequeira

Howdy,

Well, I'm a a very old Mac traditionalist and, in general, hate the sidebar and toolbar. I also have my Finder prefs set so that double-clicking a folder opens the folder in a new window. Oh, yeah, I have most windows set up to use Icon View too! :-)

Quite frankly I have just made ~/Library/ visible so things behave more like they did before Lion using

chflags nohidden ~/Library

as described by M. Tamer Özsu. Then it just shows up in the HOME folder.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)