[OS X TeX] "Save as"

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Sun Jan 15 20:26:37 CET 2012

What happened to the old "Save as…" feature on TeXShop?  I found it very useful when, for example, creating a template for documents that get repeated (in my case, e.g., homework assignments, or homework solutions) or for creating reformatted versions of older documents (e.g., changing the .tex file for generating a section of a solution manual into the .tex file for a handout about one assignment): I would make up a template then save it as whatever I currently needed.  With the new TeXShop editor, this is no longer available (command-S now gets the bell saying "no such command, stupid!").  If I duplicate (using the file pulldown menu), I get a .txt file, which is missing the various color codes in the TeX editor, and furthermore has none of the buttons at the top of the window.

Of course I can use command-A to select all and then command-C to copy into an empty new file, but this takes more work.  I've looked into TeX help and can't find anything to help me with this.

Suggestions?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University