[OS X TeX] Re: Where Should 'Package' Files be Stored?
kremels at kreme.com
Wed Jan 11 00:01:16 CET 2012
On 10 Jan 2012, at 15:15 , Herbert Schulz wrote:
> The regular find will not look inside /usr
Of course it will, you simply have to tell it to.
1. Produce a Searching window by typing Command-F while in the Finder.
2. Choose Other from the Kind pop-up menu.
3. In the sheet that appears, type System in the Search field.
4. Select the single System Files entry that appears.
5. Should you wish to conduct these deep searches in the future and want to make it easier to do (meaning you won’t have to choose Other and look for the System Files entry), enable the In Menu option. System Files will now appear in the pop-up.
6. Click OK.
7. When you next wish to search every part of your Mac, select System Files from the Kind pop-up menu and in the pop-up menu next to it, choose Include. Your results will include not just the kind of Spotlight results you saw with Tiger but now also the files the Mac OS tries to keep from prying eyes.
Everything that was magical was just a way of describing the world in
words it couldn't ignore.
More information about the macostex-archives