[OS X TeX] TeXShop automatic hiding/unhiding of root file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 10 22:01:42 CET 2012

On Jan 10, 2012, at 10:53 AM, roberto avanzi wrote:

> I have a few documents split into a root file and several included files.
> The first line of the included files is
>
> %!TEX root = ./some-name.tex
>
> Now, suppose I am working on that project and I close TeXShop.
> When I reopen TeXShop the root file goes to the dock, then comes out again, for EACH included file that is reponened. This is a bit maddening, is unpleasing, and introduced an unnecessary delay.  I cannot find an option to disable this automatic hiding/unhiding of the root file.  Can anybody help?
>
> Roberto

Howdy,

What version of the OS and TeXshop are you using? If you are using OS X 10.7.x and TeXShop 3.0x you most probably have System Preferences->General->Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps checked. If you want that behavior you should close the root file before quitting and that might help. I don't want that behavior for any apps so I unchecked that option and don't see you problem. Finally, If you are using TeXShop 3.04 I suggest going to <http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/lion.html> and installing version 3.06 which seems to be stable and fixes some annoying problems in earlier versions of TeXshop 3.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)