[OS X TeX] hyperref external label

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 4 16:44:17 CET 2012

On Jan 4, 2012, at 2:49 AM, David Arnold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two files, file1.tex and file2.tex.
>
> In file2.tex I have:
>
> \section{Introducing Fractions}\label{sec:introducingfractions}
>
> In file1.tex and want to reference this label in file2.tex. I am using the hyperref package.
>
> I need a \nameref and a \pageref to sec:introducingfractions.
>
> Can someone help me with this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> David.

Howdy,

What isn't clear to me from the information given is whether these files are included in a single document or are in completely separate documents? What you need to do int he former case is simply compile the root file (which includes these two files) multiple times (to resolve the cross references) [or use latexmk which will do this automatically].

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)