[OS X TeX] unlocking a source file in TeXShop

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at me.com
Mon Feb 13 12:18:12 CET 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 3:37 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. wrote:

> Curiouser and Curiouser:  the window which opens when I open the source file using sync (i.e., command-click text in the pdf) from within TeXShop is headed <filename>-Locked, and is blank.  I can't get info on it from within TeXShop.  When I click on "locked" I get a pulldown which invites me to unlock (which gets prevented, as described earlier) or to duplicate.  If I duplicate, I get a second window, called <filename>copy, which is also blank.  Can't get info on it, either.  But if I go to Finder and go to the source file
> where it lives (on dropbox, which might be the problem), then I can get information, and I can open it as a window which contains text, and which I CAN unlock.

If you are getting a blank file upon syncing, try typesetting and then sync again. My experience is that TS some time loses the connection between source and output but regains it after typesetting.

Personally I find the file locking feature insane and I have turned it off. You can do that from the Time Machine Options (in system preferences).

Themis