[OS X TeX] texgyrepagella-math.otf not found

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 25 23:48:23 CET 2012

On Dec 25, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why isn't XeLaTeX (run from within TeXShop) finding the TeX Gyre OpenType math font?  This is with MacTex2012.
>
> Folder /Library/Fonts includes a subfolder "TeX Gyre" in which I see a file texgyrepagella-math.otf .
>
> is there something else I need to do to "activate" the font?
>
> Example:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{unicode-math}
>
> \defaultfontfeatures{Ligatures=TeX}
> \setmainfont[
> 	BoldFont=texgyrepagella-bold.otf,
> 	ItalicFont=texgyrepagella-italic.otf,
> 	BoldItalicFont=texgyrepagella-bolditalic.otf]
> 	{texgyrepagella-regular.otf}
> \setmathfont{texgyrepagella-math.otf}
>
> \begin{document}
> Let $f$ be analytic in the region $G$ except for the isolated singularities $a_{1},a_{2},\dots, a_{m}$.
> \end{document}
> %%%%%%%%%%
>
> ---
> Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> 80 Fearing Street                      phone 413 549-1020 (H)
> Amherst, MA 01002-1912

Howdy,

Try to use the font name as displayed in Font Book rather than the file name. I have

\setmathfont{TG Pagella Math}

and it seems to work fine.

By the way, I believe there was an update to Pagella Math and I moved texgyerpagellamath-regular.otf from the opentype font folder in texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/tex-gyre-math into my personal ~/Library/Fonts folder.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)