[OS X TeX] iOS and TeX

George Gratzer gratzer at me.com
Fri Aug 31 21:28:41 CEST 2012

There has been some interesting discussion: LaTeX on the iPad.

There are a number of issues I do not understand.

1. I was told that the problem is that TeX is an interpreted language and Apple does not allow interpreted languages in iOS. Is this true?

2. I believe that  OSX implementations of TeX use Unix commands to do TeX. What happens on an Android device?

3. If an iOX implementation has to be sandboxed to be sold in the App Store, could one use Textures to typeset? (Is it out of beta?)

My ignorance is infinite, but I start with these questions.

GG