[OS X TeX] biblatex define field alias

Fri Aug 31 14:14:02 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

it's probably a rather trivial problem but I can't seem to find the correct search terminology that would lead me to the answer to my problem:
I am using biblatex. Also, in my bib-file, I have a custom entry type which I want to be handled just like article. Thus, I have the line
\DeclareBibliographyAlias{zeitungsartikel}{article}
in my preamble.
What I need next it define an alias for the field "journal". I want the custom field "Zeitung" to be interpreted by biblatex as equivalent to "journal". I was hoping
 \DeclareListAlias{zeitung}{journal}
would do this but it doesn't.
I know it's probably somewhere on pages 168- but I just can't figure it out.

TIA

Alex