[OS X TeX] TeXLive Utility doesn't appear in Notification Center

Gary L. Gray glgray at me.com
Fri Aug 24 17:26:36 CEST 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:

> Try running this manually in Terminal and let me know the output:
>
> python ~/Library/Application\ Support/TeX\ Live\ Utility/update_check.py

Having seen this message, I realized that I had not received a notification from TLUNotifier for a few days. I ran this command and got:

loon:Script to Update the Solns Manuals gray$ python ~/Library/Application\ Support/TeX\ Live\ Utility/update_check.py
update_check.py: tlmgr will use ftp://carroll.aset.psu.edu/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet
tlmgr: package repository ftp://carroll.aset.psu.edu/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet
update_check.py: unable to find TLUNotifier

At which point I went into the Notifications pref pane and saw that TLUNotifier was no longer there. I then ran TeX Live Utility, went to:

Configure > Schedule TeX Live Update Checks…

and simply clicked "Accept" again. I then went back into the Notifications pref pane and TLUNotifier was back.

Do you know why it might have disappeared and stopped working?

Gary