[OS X TeX] Packages for books

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Aug 24 17:20:46 CEST 2012

On Aug 22, 2012, at 10:46 AM, R Martinez wrote:

> I am planning to start a book project and will greatly appreciate comments on the relative merits of the various book document classes such as book, memoir, KOMA, and amsbook.

Based on the last time I looked at the documentation for the middle two packages:

If you're in the US (and speak English), use Memoir, if you're in Europe, and speak one of the (native) languages of the developers of KOMA, use KOMA.

If you're an English speaker elsewhere (UK?) Memoir would probably be the best choice, but you may need to make more effort to adapt it.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer