[OS X TeX] magnifier lens bug in TeXShop's preview window

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Aug 24 15:09:07 CEST 2012

On Aug 24, 2012, at 7:58 AM, RA Friedrich Vosberg <fv at rafv.de> wrote:

> Morning.
>
> The magnifier lens buttons in the preview window of TeXShop 3.11 German on OS X 10.8.x don't work, when I only tap on the magic trackpad. Only if I klick physically the magnification works. But in this case the magnification frames leave ghost frames in the window (ref/pic).
>
> Is this a bug or a feature?
>
> Kind regards, Friedrich
>
> <screenshot.png>

Howdy,

I can confirm that when you remove the magnifier there seems to be a 1 pixel frame that is left where you remove it. However, when I magnify another area the original frame goes away. I suspect that this has to do with a minor bug in Apple's PDFKit Framework.

I'm not sure what you mean by Tap vs Click. I must double click to magnify, triple click to get a larger section and quadruple click to do a full magnification.

By the way, the frame was there in 10.7 also.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)