[OS X TeX] TeXLive Utility doesn't appear in Notification Center

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at me.com
Tue Aug 21 17:23:20 CEST 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 7:40, Simon Spiegel <simon at simifilm.ch> wrote:

> On 21.08.2012, at 15:25, "Adam R. Maxwell" <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you use mirror.ctan.org, it's possible that it previously picked a mirror which had no updates for your system.  Could the system have been powered off at the time the check was supposed to occur?
>
> I think the notebook was closed at that time, yes.

Closed or asleep is fine. It'll run the check on wake. Powered off means that it won't run until the next scheduled time.

> I just checked the Help section again and do now see that I didn't understand it properly. "Allowing to run the update at least once" does of course refer to the scheduled update checking and not "normal" TL updates done with TLU.

Right. It has to run once /and/ find something to update before TLUNotifier will appear in Sys Prefs.  Only then can you set the notification style, since Apple doesn't allow me to do that :(.  Not ideal, but this was the best I could do.