[OS X TeX] Fwd: hyperref problem

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Sat Aug 4 16:33:02 CEST 2012

Thanks---I don't know how I managed to miss that (my older entries used the exclamation).
It seems to take care of the problem.
On Aug 3, 2012, at 17:35, Ross Moore wrote:

On 04/08/2012, at 7:15, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:ross.moore at mq.edu.au>> wrote:

Hello Zbigniew,

The intervals between the intercepts are called the \deffontcustom{axes}{axis|of ellipse} of this ellipse;
the larger \resp{smaller}  is called the \deffontcustom{major axis}{axis|of ellipse|major}
\resp{\deffontcustom{minor axis}{axis|minor|of ellipse}}; thus the larger of $a$ and $b$ is the
\deffontcustom{semi-major axis}{axis  | semi-major | of ellipse} while the smaller is the \deffontcustom{semi-minor axis}{axis | semi-minor | of ellipse}.

It's strange that the usage of | seems to be overloaded.
Maybe it is | followed by a space token that is doing the sub items,
but when followed directly by a word that you get a macro usage created.

The character for sub entries is meant to be ! .

What is going on, and what can I do to stop it?

Try putting spaces around the | ; at least put one directly after.

Cheers,

   Ross----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq