[OS X TeX] Wish for the OgreKit panel

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:37:08 CEST 2012

> On Apr 19, 2012, at 10:52 AM, Eric van der Oord wrote:
>
>> TeXshop's macros are active in the OgreKit panel, e.g. keystroke "$" gives "$$•",  "(" gives "()•" etc.
>>
>> Could they be disabled in a future version ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Eric
>
> Howdy,
>
> I don't quite understand. Macros don't execute automatically so I assume you mean Keybindings. The default set of Keybindings don't seem to have special bindings for $ or ( so did you add them yourself?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

I second Eric's request. Of course, he meant Key Bindings. The thing is, when you are entering regular expressions, you don't want, say, a caret ^ (which can mean, for example, the start of a line, or act as negation inside square brackets) to expand to ^{•}, etc. This is a nuisance. And it is not practical to disable and reenable key bindings each time you search for something. So, yes, an option to turn key bindings off for the OgreKit panel would be welcome.

Luis Sequeira