[OS X TeX] Minion and Minion Pro

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sun Apr 8 20:24:56 CEST 2012

On Apr 8, 2012, at 8:31 AM, Richard Seguin wrote:

> PS: (Next morning) The enc-2.000.zip.cpgz file is 184 bytes in size, and the enc-2.000.zip file is 0 bytes in size. Also, it's not clear to me why those files of the form …LCDFj.xxx are there. I only input MinionPro-Bold.otf, MinionPro-BoldIt.otf, MinionPro-It.otf, and MInionPro-Regular.otf. I used .otf files from the latest Reader X and the latest build of FontForge from MacPorts.

I stepped through the source code and found that the method I had used for downloading files from CTAN has become unreliable, sometimes downloading partial files. I reworked all the download code and it seems now too function properly. You'll need to download remove the prior version of TeXFontUtility and TeXFontUtility.dmg again from

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3825336/TeX/index.html

The LCDF pfb files contain only a single glyph, a dotless j constructed from an italic j. This is handled by the LCDF otfinst package when it converts otf to one or more pfb files. You should not remove them.

Michael