[OS X TeX] Sidebar with thumbnails in TeXShop?

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:22:09 CEST 2011

> Morning.
>
> I'ld like to have the sidebar with thumbnails in TeXShop preview window. Often I have to add into letters written in TeXShop additional PDF files as attachments. At the moment in such cases I open the PDF file of such a letter in Preview.app and add the PDF attachments by drag and drop into the sidebar. I would like to do this directly in TeXShop.
>
> Is there a way to do that?
>
> Kind regards, Friedrich

I believe it would be much better in this situation to use the excellent pdfpages package instead.
Rather than drag a page into a pdf that is created from a tex document (either in Preview or, if that feature were to be added to TeXShop), you could have that inclusion be part of your tex source code, with commands such as

 \includepdf[options...]{file.pdf}

This way you can keep it all in sync.
Suppose you add the pdf and later need to make changes to your tex code. With your present workflow you'd have to insert the extra pages again. This way it will be done (and documented!) for you.

Luis Sequeira