[OS X TeX] keyboard shortcut for starred version of environments

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 20 20:46:00 CEST 2011

On Sep 19, 2011, at 7:53 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> 2. Why does the auto-insertion of an environment such as \begin{align}...\end{align) automatically insert a place-holder _after_ the end of the environment?  That makes not sense to me -- in fact, it's an utter nuisance (whereas the placeholder inside the environment is at worst a mild irritant in that one has to replace it).

Howdy,

One more thing…

It appears, from your question that you don't know how to deal with the placeholders (what I call Marks). The Marks allow for easy jumping to places in the structure where you need to enter something (e.g., options or text). You can use the the Source->Command Completion->Marks->Next Mark (Ctl-Cmd-F) or …->Previous Mark (Ctl-Cmd-G) commands to jumpt to AND SELECT the next/Previous Mark and immediately enter text there, replacing the mark with the text.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)