[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.05

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sun Sep 4 01:46:26 CEST 2011

On Sep 3, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> TeXShop 3.05 is available at
>
> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/lion.html
>
> This version has important patches by Ulrich Bauer for AutoSave, and by
> Daniel Toundykov for syntax coloring.
>
> When TeXShop typesets, it first saves the source code. Until now, that
> created a new version of the document. If a user typeset often, and later used "Browse All
> Versions…", there were so many versions that the feature was difficult to use.
> After Ulrich' patch, TeXShop saves before typesetting, but does not create a new
> version.
>
> In TeXShop 2.10, improvements in syntax coloring broke the ability to change
> the background and foreground colors of the source window. Toundykov's patch
> again makes it possible to change these colors.

Thanks, Dick.  Will the syntax colouring changes be reflected in the 2.x series as well for those of us who haven't made the leap to Lion?

Alan

P.S. I encountered a weird issue today that I'd never seen before: the preview window stopped working altogether: no zoom, no magnifying glass, and the text remained the same independent of typesetting.  Restarting cured things.  Is this a known issue? (I'm running 2.43 on Snow Leopard)

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com