[OS X TeX] .tex to .doc Conversion

Jens Nöckel noeckel at uoregon.edu
Wed Oct 12 06:04:41 CEST 2011

Hi,
the first obvious condition is that your friend needs to have a working TeX installed on the computer where the conversion is to take place (see links at the bottom). Assuming that's the case, and further assuming that you're talking about LaTeX, I would strongly recommend installing the program LyX from
www.lyx.org

With that application, your friend can import most standard LaTeX files and edit them in a manner similar to any regular word processor, without having to look at the LaTeX code at all. Then when he's done editing, he could create the PDF (or .doc, if really necessary), or he could even export the file back to LaTeX and tell all his friends that after just 10 minutes of work, he miraculously learned how to edit TeX code...

Jens