[OS X TeX] Command completion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 6 18:06:53 CEST 2011

On Oct 6, 2011, at 10:28 AM, Ulrich Groh wrote:

> Maybe a simple answer available, but ..
>
> I would like to have \{ completed by the esc-key to \{ ∙ \} and I have entered
> \{:=\{ #INS#•#INS# \} into the CommandCompletion.txt file. But nothing happens. Is this not possible?
>
> Ulrich

Howdy,

Not possible because { is one of the left hand terminator keys so when you type

\{ and then Esc (or Tab if you have that set as the trigger key) it goes backward, reads the { and stops since there is nothing to complete.

However, why not use

\braces:=\{ #INS#•#INS# \}•

and then when you put in

\br and Esc you'll get

where |•| is a selected Mark, •. I used the \ version, even though it's an extra character to type, because it guarantees the terminator so x\br will expand to x\{... while, without the \ in the definition of the abbreviation xbr won't work properly.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)