[OS X TeX] how include .eps in TeXShop using default

David Derbes loki at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 3 04:27:29 CEST 2011

Hi, Luci and Murray.

I have had very good luck doing the following (importing a graphic from Mathematica or Illustrator): I save the graphic as an EPS file (.eps).  I then open the .eps file from within TeXShop (File->Open->mygraphic.eps). (Herb Shultz told me about this years ago, and I thought he was kidding.) TeXShop turns the eps into a very nicely bounded pdf. and shows you the PDF (sometimes at a large magnification.)  I then put the file in the LaTeX source as

\begin{center}
\includegraphics{mygraphic} %note: NO EXTENSION
\end{center}

and it works like a charm.

Hope this helps.

David Derbes