[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Cloud Computing

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 22:16:25 CEST 2011

On Oct 1, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> TeX will always use the .sty, .bib, etc. files that are in the same
> folder as the tex source file. Hence I suggest you put your
> corresponding files in the dropbox (sub)folder where your source
> files are residing.

It probably does not need to be in the exact same folder as the
source files. For example, here is the path for i.sty (1² i ²18)
(used by the package arrayjobx)

MacIntoshHD>MagnumOpusToFMTo>RAFv5-1>StyleSheets>CheckableItemsList>1.st

and here is where the file that uses it is:

MacIntoshHD>MagnumOpusToFMTo>RAFv5-1>CheckableItems-controls>1.tex

It's first three lines are:

\documentclass[11pt]{book}
	\usepackage{../StyleSheets/Preamble}
	\usepackage{../StyleSheets/CheckableItemsLists/\jobname}

(Preamble is what calls the packages and contains the newcommands
etc. There is no call for anything in ~>Library>texmf>tex>latex)

Thus, this is essentially the same scheme as Grathzer's except
without dropbox: Everything having to do with the opus RAFv5-1 is in
that folder. If and when I get to work on RAFv5-2, I will just make a
copy of that folder, rename it RAFv5-2 and go ahead without having to
worry about external compatibility issues.

Regards
--schremmer