[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 48, Issue 1

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 1 22:33:42 CEST 2011

On Oct 1, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> But what I want is a way to type "some text" and have it changed -- preferably automatically -- to the LaTeX form ``some text''.
>
> How?
>
> Surely this is a desirable, even essential, feature of any LaTeX-friendly editor?
>
> Or have I once again been spoiled by WinEdt under Windows, which of course makes that substitution if you enable to preference for it.

Howdy,

Ummm... why would you want to write "some stuff" to begin with? Why not use the Key Binding and the when you type " you will get ``|'' where | is the position of the Cursor? If some text is selected that will be between the `` and '' too.

By the way, I'll bet it's very easy to confuse the automatic insertion! What would it do with "it is wrong to use `"' in TeX" ?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)