[OS X TeX] TeXShop stopped typesetting

R Martinez rm.tech at mac.com
Tue Nov 22 08:05:29 CET 2011

Hi,

I recently installed MacTeX 2011 and TeXShop 3.04. I'm running Lion 10.7.2.

I started using both with an existing TeX file and everything worked normally. All of a sudden, however, TeXShop stopped typesetting: no PDF file was produced. The TeX file appears intact but clicking the Typeset button does nothing. I tried to open the existing PDF file with Preview, but got a message stating that Preview does not recognize the file or that the file is damaged; tried Adobe Reader with the same result.

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Raul Martinez