[OS X TeX] how open directories in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 22:18:39 CET 2011

Instructions at http://www.pctex.com/kb/74.html say to put files for the
PCTeX MathTimePro II and Lucida fonts into
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local. But some of the subdirectories of the
latter simply will not open in finder -- even after I change their
permissions to make them readable and writeable by me (and I have
administrator privileges).

This is the case, e.g., with the doc and source subdirectories.

Is there some way -- other than having to use long commands in Terminal
to see what's there and to copy files to there?

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305