[OS X TeX] hyperref error?

David Arnold dwarnold45 at suddenlink.net
Thu May 26 03:17:35 CEST 2011

Peter,

My colleague reports the following:

OK, did some tests today. I've isolated the problem to a conflict between
pst-pdf.sty and the latest version of hyperref.sty.

Here is my very simple test code:
=============================
\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\usepackage{pst-pdf}
\usepackage{hyperref}

\begin{document}
Test
\end{document}

hyperref.sty on mathrev is version 6.82g.
When loaded in this order, and running under latex, I get the error below (pdflatex is not a problem).

When loaded in the reverse order, the problem goes away. However, for other reasons, I don't think we want to mess around with the order of these packages.

On my Mac, I'm running version 6.81g of hyperref.sty, and don't have any problem.

Looking at the log files, it's clear that hyperref is doing different things between the two versions.

---Bruce