[OS X TeX] Switch-case and the algorithmic environment

Andrea Raiconi araiconi at unisa.it
Mon May 23 17:08:21 CEST 2011

Hi all,
On a paper I'm working on I have a pseudocode containing a long if statement checking lots of conditions (if... else if... else if... else if...) which to be honest doesn't look too good to read.
My coauthors and I thought that maybe a switch-case statement would be better. However I'm reading the documentation of the algorithmic environment, which I'm using, and it is not supported.
Should I try to redefine it myself, or is there some good reason for which this type of statement should be avoided and therefore was not implemented?

--
Andrea Raiconi, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher
Email: araiconi at unisa.it