[OS X TeX] IPad

Leslie Morland l.morland at uea.ac.uk
Fri May 6 13:47:55 CEST 2011

An IPad looks an attractive lightweight alternative to a MacBookPro for
travel abroad, but I would want to use latex, and "excel", as well as
internet connexion. Apple sales tell me latex help is a free download,
and numbers, which allow these. Can you advise about these, specifically
the latex, or alternatives, please. Bibtex?

I suspect such queries have already been aired, but I only file items
of  interest at the time. So much has been discussed by the many willing
experts on the list, and I wonder if some of them could be pursuaded to
write a TeXShop book akin to Pogue's "Missing Manuals" which would be a
wonderful reference text, wanted by many.

     Leslie

Professor L.W.Morland
School of Mathematics
University of East Anglia