[OS X TeX] Setting different margins for different pages

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Wed Mar 16 14:58:39 CET 2011

Hi, everyone.  I'm sorry if this is a FAQ, but I had a hard time trying to find an answer in comp.text.tex.

Using \documentclass{letter}, I'd like to set the margins so that the first page is something like

\setlength\topmargin{-0.5cm}
\setlength\oddsidemargin{90pt}

to accomodate my department's letterhead paper, but then the succeeding pages simply have a 1-inch margin all around.  How can I set that in the preamble?

Thanks very much.

---John.
(I receive the digest.)