[OS X TeX] hyperref ,skim and link to a pdf file

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Thu Mar 10 11:28:01 CET 2011

Le 10 mars 2011 à 08:20, Alain Matthes a écrit :

> Hello
>
> Well I agree that relative paths are better and it's possible to write :
>
> \href{run: Newton.pdf}{Newton.pdf relative path}
> \href{run: Einstein.png}{Einstein.png relative path}

More informations:

with run : the called file must be in the same folder as the main file.

> But with  absolute path, Skim does not work and Preview shows only the pdf with the relative path
>
> \documentclass{scrartcl}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> \begin{document}
> \href{file:///Users/ego/Desktop/Newton.pdf}{Newton.pdf absolute path}  % problem
> \href{file:///Users/ego/Desktop/Einstein.png}{Einstein.png absolute path} % fine
> \end{document}

You need two files xxx.pdf and yyy.png (or zzz.jpg). I make a try with a script.sh and
the link is correct. The problem with Skim and Preview comes from the pdf file

Texshop works also width .png and not with .pdf. My dpf viewer by default is Skim

Best regards

Alain Matthes