[OS X TeX] Adding to the TeXShop aux files deletion list

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 7 21:02:38 CET 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 1:53 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

> I know that I can add to the list of file extensions that TeXShop deletes with its "Trash Aux Files" command.  From the example in the documentation:
>
> defaults write TeXShop OtherTrashExtensions -array-add "dvi"
>
> it appears that the . is implicit.
>
> Biblatex produces quite a few aux files, and furthermore, often fails if they are not deleted.  But unfortunately, some have the following form.
>
> -blx.bib
> .run.xml
>
> Is there any way to have these aux files added to the list? (I thought that the second type might be possible simply by giving "run.xml" to the defaults command, but that seems not to be the case.)
>
> Alan

Howdy,

Unfortunately you can't simply do that with those kinds of ``extensions'' (quotes because -blx-bib is not really an extension). I have put in a request for the next version of TeXShop to remove .run.xml and .bcf which would interfere with the use of latexmk engines if you change from the biber to the bibtex(8) backend. (Latexmk 4.22e uses the presence of the .bcf file as an indicator that it should automatically use biber as the backend bibliography processor.)

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)